Tuesday, April 23, 2013

To start off-

Tues, April 23 2013
8:catwantsfood AM


Forever, my roots. 
Mom wanted me to write something...

For years (eek!! I've been graduated long enough to say that) I've been moving around, seeing new places, working in new settings. I feel like I'm on a constant ebb and flow of a tide, pulling me and pushing me to new jobs and places. I've always been on this path. I can remember being young, maybe 3rd grade, and putting up a giant map in my room with a list next it stating all the places I'd visit. I get antsy after a year or two; needing to move, needing to drive. There is nothing to me like the moment I hit the road. All alone, car packed, headed to somewhere, knowing its all going to be different and new.

Archaeology at Montpelier, VA


I graduated. Headed down south to the land of the pines. I posted up in Orange, Virginia in a few different places. The most exciting being an olddddd shanty on the edge of the forest. It probably belonged to a sharecropper or some such thing. I'll always love Virginia, its beauty is unrivaled. Then Hattiesburg, Mississippi, which is by far the best city to live in in Miss. I lived in a wig wam (we constructed it out of saplings, vines, and twine) for about 8 months in Kemper County, Mississippi. Camping for 8 months takes life to a whole new level. I have never felt to close to the earth, and I have never felt so correct in living. I had no electricity, no heat/AC, no running water, no real bathroom, no kitchen. None of that mattered. Everyday was more natural, was closer to the earth. I don't think I'll ever fully adjust to living indoors again (maybe I won't....!) In the next few weeks I'm on to new places, though I don't know where yet. Til then, I'll be collecting my thoughts in Hattiesburg.


The Wig-Wam


New Orleans, LA
I just wanted to write this, because lately I feel so far away. In all my years of being far away (6-7) I haven't felt so disconnected. I have finally come to terms with the fact that because of what I do, I'll always be leaving people. But I don't want my distance to define those relationships. I hope this page can help keep the people I love and miss aware of where I end up/ what I'm doing. I miss you all, and I wish you could be on my adventure!



Irish Coast, Cliffs of Moher